Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

David Bowie is.. Forever.

Today I went to the Art Gallery of Ontario for the David Bowie exhibit, it's been a long day and I want to sleep but I will get this out while I'm still in awe. It was absolutely one of the best things I think I've ever spent my money on. And it wasn't even a lot of money! I feel like they should have charged me more.

It was so incredible and way more than I would ever even thought it would be. There was so much detail, so many different components to experience so many different ways. I feel like my description isn't doing it justice. Me and my friend were there for two hours (which flew by!) and we STILL felt like that wasn't enough time! She had to go to class and we had to pick up the pace at the end. Even at the end the last couple rooms were mind blowing.. even at the friggin end.

He's so inspiring I couldn't take it. It made me feel so tiny on my scale of how I express myself. He does so much and he's outstanding in all of it. It made me feel tiny but it made me feel like I could be doing so much more. It explained his story, and you can see that we all have to start from somewhere. He was just lucky enough to drop out of school and dedicate every waking minute to it.

I was always a fan of David Bowie and respected him as an artist but I was never super familiar with his career or a ton of his music. That is something that's definitely changed after today. My respect and admiration is through the roof, and his older music which I need to get on looking up is beyond awesome.

I feel like everyone who has a love for music like me needs to go to this and be moved by the hard work, and creativity that has literally been oozing out of this man since he was a pre-teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment