Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

You need to go after the things you want

One of the most best articles I've probably ever read on though catalog. In terms of speaking to me, and my personal issues. 

Is right here Go read it. 
It's about going after what you want, and not being afraid of being vulnerable and honest, and raw and full of emotion. It's amazingly done, and exactly how I've been feeling. 
To top is all off. It's by one of my favourite writers on the website. Ryan O'Connell. One day I'm going to have the guts to email him and speak to him, cause I love his work so much. 
Anyway I'll give you a little taste if you're not convinced: 

"We need to move away from this constant need of coming across as calm, cool and collected. WE WEREN’T BUILT TO BE CALM, COOL, AND COLLECTED. If we were, it wouldn’t feel so fucking exhausting all the time. It would, you know, come naturally to us. You know what comes naturally to human beings though? Being open, being messy, being raw, being unfiltered, having lots of feelings. Why should we have to stifle our true nature? Let’s go after the things we want, let’s love each other brutally and honestly, and not worry about the consequences. Let’s release the feelings inside of us and let them land somewhere special. Otherwise, we might have a lifetime of longing in front of us. "

Go read the rest. It's crazy because I made a pretty major decision today. Not to do it today. But to work up to it. And then I come across this hours later. It was like literally a sign. I don't know if I believe if signs, but one has never been that obvious to me ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment