Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving

If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough.
- Oprah Winfrey 

This quote is a bit cheesy, but it's thanksgiving! So happy thanksgiving to you all. I thought this one would be fitting. It stuck with me, so I went and found it. It hit me, because I've been sad over things I can't have and situations I don't want to be in. That's exactly what it is. But there are so many things I do have that are right there in front of me every single day, I simply ignore because I'm always yearning for something, once again, that I can't have. Today is my day to snap out of that, well at least try my best.

I have amazing friends, like some of the best friends I could have absolutely ever asked for I don't know how I landed them but I'm thankful for those people I can count on. I have a roof over my head, the education I worked hard for, a family, and all the material things I rely on everyday to survive aka this laptop. I have my health, and my sanity. My creative outlet, and my ambition. Those are all the major things that I'm thankful for, and bring me happiness. It's a solid amount, yet I sulk and complain about literally one or two things I don't have. These very few things just alter my whole universe, my emotions, my thoughts. Why do I do that?

If something doesn't go my way, it wasn't meant to be. It wasn't meant to happen right now but yet another moment in time or it isn't going to happen ever. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment