Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Can't believe I finally did it

So I have been anticipating getting a second tattoo, since probably the last I got. Which was last fall. I booked an appointment with the artist who did my first one, for my second but then I cancelled it because I wasn't confident he could do it the way I wanted. I ended up finding this awesome tattoo artist at a shop in Toronto. I love her, she did amazing work, worked fast, and had was just one of those really cool chicks.

Anyway I went in there thinking I would only get half of my whole idea for my tattoo, but when I saw when she drew up. I was like DAMN. Forget what I said, we're going for it. It was beyond what I could have thought up, and I would have immensely regretted it if I let that bombass drawing go to waste, or even worse, on someone else's body.

The tattoo turned out beautiful. I love it more every time I look at it. It makes me so anxious to get more and more, and start my sleeve. but I know I have plenty of time. I just need to be patient. In a few years, I'll be out of the house anyway. So I will have to play catch up on all this lost time then.


I've been looking forward to this tattoo for a long time, I rescheduled it several times, cause I wasn't working and I was still on the fence about it. But over time that long span of time. I never stopped wanting it. Part of me was iffy about it because of what everyone would think, which is silly because I have fucking stay true on my ribs. But I digress, I don't think it was me worrying about what people would think, it was me having to explain myself to everyone. I feel like, why did you get it? or why did you chose it? is such a valid question. But, when people ask and assume there is a meaning. I feel like I'm validating my decision to you, by explaining why I got it. It's silly. It's as though, if I don't give you a solid reason, I feel like your opinion of me will change or you'll feel bad for me for getting it.

A lot of people have no idea, how much time I spend looking at tattoos and artists, I by no means am any where near knowing it all, but I know a decent amount. I know what I want. I know how I want my tattoo's to look and I love them. That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment