Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hating on the one thing I probably spend my time doing the most.

I hate text messaging. There I said it. I love it, but I hate it. I hate that it is the furthest form of communication yet so much weight is put on the act of it. When's a good time to send a message, what they say so, how they are worded. What they mean, like what they really mean. Making sure the other person understands what you really mean. Sometimes you don't even want that, cause somehow emoji's and faces have become a way to explain full sentences. Then there's how often to text someone.

All of this stupid shit, and then to think that today I felt bad texting someone a message, someone I probably no not probably 100% won't ever see again in my life. I felt bad being straight up with this person. I literally thought to myself, what on earth is going on. This distant form of talking to someone has become so, important for lack of a better word that in my head and many others, it feels more personal and close than it actually is.

Having to speak to people in person, if texting didn't exist, don't get me wrong. I'd probably die and not talk to anyone. That's not the case in this time we live in though, and I'm so over caring so much about
fucking, text messaging.

Who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment