Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Stop, West Coast!

All the time I read, and see about all these people with careers, accomplishments, and just overall personalities and minds that I look up to that have experienced so much. I want that for myself and I'm totally going to make it happen. If I promise anything myself it is to make sure I commit to my desire to do experience as much as I can while I can.

What I'm getting at is, my serious and important decision when I'm finished school to move to Vancouver. No matter what. There is going to be nothing keeping me in the GTA. I say this because who knows what life will be like in the next few years but it'll be nothing that will hinder me from expanding my horizons.

I pick Vancouver because it is one place of Canada I am absolutely dying to visit, and it is still in Canada so I can feel a little like I'm kind of at home. It just seems like a good first place to start this re-locating-freedom-journey that I'm going to start for myself. Other places I hope to spend significant amounts of time are Europe, literally, anywhere literally. Just to be over there will complete me. Then probably Australia or New Zealand along with parts of South Africa.

Note no place in America is on this list. Yeah, that's on purpose. I don't mind vacationing there at all, but to actually live there. I would never do. For multiple upon multiple reasons. It's just not the place for me. I know there are many things I can experience on a more amazing scale in Tokya, Dubai, Bankok, etc than I ever would in America too. Do your research folks! America aint got nothing on the over seas.

Anyways, I've mentioned time and time again that I'm dying to move out. Which I plan to, before school ends for at least a semester or two. That's going to be amazing, don't get me started on how perfect life will be at that point. But after that I want to do much more. A change of scenery is very necessary.

These are things that are only going to happen if I start to really envision it and take it seriously and from this day forward I am going to do that. I know I can do this because, I don't even know what the term "home sick" is, that has never applied to me. I'm independent enough to survive, and most the time I'm pretty content with being alone. I can handle the periods of time I will have no friends. I'm not oblivious to this fact, that this will happen and I will spend a lot of time alone. And that's okay. I'll either make friends eventually and be a part of the communities I live in or I won't, but all I can say right now is that I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment